23 January 2012

Shiny Bike for a Bash


The Brompton got a polish this weekend, and some overdue oiling and easing. This is because it is going up to Town with me this weekend for a bit of a bash;

http://www.cycling-embassy.org.uk/news/%5Byyyy%5D/%5Bmm%5D/%5Bdd%5D/policy-bash-and-virtual-policy-bash

and for some old fashioned reason I felt it ought to look nice. Don't want to let the Embassy down.

The only downside here is that I bought some 3-in-1 oil , mostly for nostalgic reasons, only to be sorely let down when I realised it now comes in a plastic container, not a tin can as I remembered from my youth. So no nice "plink" noise when applying. Bah.

1 comment:

  1. Of course, it lashed down with rain this morning, so back to a bike covered in road-slush, or whatever the technical phrase is for that stuff.

    ReplyDelete